EFT International Level 2 Practitioner Certification Requirements
The following checklist details all your requirements to become an EFT International (EFTi) Accredited Certified Practitioner. In addition to the EFTi core requirements and guidelines, every trainer determines certain discretionary requirements, such as readings and videos. Generally, students complete certification within 9-12 months, although completion within 6 months is possible for a highly motivated candidate.
Betty’s certification program offers a special enhanced process with on-line modules and group support, in addition to the mentoring and case study reviews. This is an excellent way to be supported and guided towards full EFT Certification. It is called the Emotional Freedom Mastery Program. Find out more by clicking on the picture to the right.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS CHECKLIST
Attend an EFT International Level 1 & 2 live training workshop (or Level 1 and 2 taught separately) by an EFTi Trainer and receive your Certificate of Attendance. The equivalent of EFT International’s Level 1-2, such as EFT Level 1-2 taught by an EFT Universe Trainer, can also fulfill this first requirement.
2. MULTIPLE-CHOICE TEST:
Pass the EFTi Level 2 multiple-choice exam. On-line at the EFTi website. You will need to join EFTi with “Student” status before you can take the test. After joining, you then have a login and this opens up a Membership level of the website. This will allow you to sign up for the test when you’re ready to take it.
3. EFT INTERNATIONAL ETHICS CODE:
Read and sign (agree to) the EFTi code of ethics: EFT International Code of Conduct and Ethics.
4. MENTORING/CERTIFICATION PROGRAM:
Sign up for your mentoring and certification program with the EFTi Trainer of your choice. You are then a Level 2 Practitioner Candidate. It is especially important to establish a plan for regular mentoring and an approximate timetable for your certification. Most students take 9-12 months to attain Certification, though some highly motivated students have completed requirements within 6 months. Betty’s EFM (Emotional Freedom Mastery) program gives you the structure, continuity, and support to attain certification with ease during that time frame.
5. PRACTICING EFT:
50 hours of practice is the general requirement. It is preferable to work with a variety of issues, so a guideline is to work with 25 different individuals. However, you and your trainer can agree for you to log your hours with less clients, more sessions with each. You must keep a log of your time and a brief description of what was worked on. EFTi considers this a discretionary requirement, meaning that it can be adjusted to suit individual needs. Discuss with your mentor. Please be aware that it is important to have on-going mentoring as you engage in practice sessions. It is not recommended for practitioner candidates to go off and do their practice sessions completely on their own. You are meant to touch base with your mentor frequently.
The requirement is to complete a minimum of 6 mentoring hours. This can be through individual mentoring or through group mentoring in an on-going group of 8 or less. Betty’s EFM program is structured to meet and exceed these mentoring requirements.
Please note: The mentoring relationship is an extremely important part of becoming an EFTi Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner. EFTi entrusts each trainer with the responsibility to know our trainees and vouch for their EFT skills and mastery. So the mentoring is not only to help you develop as a practitioner. It is also for me, your trainer, or another EFTi Trainer you choose to mentor with, an opportunity to get to know you and know your EFT competence. (This is one thing I love about the EFTi — our organization really emphasizes personal connections, support, and community.)
7. READING AND VIDEOS:
Each trainer determines required reading and videos. Required reading for Betty’s trainees:
- Genie in Your Genes – Dawson Church – I recommend purchasing the book. It refers to many concepts and studies and is an excellent reference
- The Neurochemistry of Counterconditioning – Acupressure Desensitization in Psychotherapy – James R. Lane, PhD. Download the Lane Article here (or download below).
Please choose 3 additional resources to read or watch. These can be books, audios, and videos at your choice. Suggestions are below but you can find your own, too.
- The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton, PhD
- The Promise of Energy Psychology: Revolutionary Tools for Dramatic Personal Change by David Feinstein, Donna Eden, and Gary Craig
- The EFT Manual by Dawson Church
- The Tapping Solution by Nick Ortner
- The Tapping Solution film by the Ortners
- The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss by Jessica Ortner
- The annual Tapping Summit packages with audios, transcripts and workbook so that you get EFT resources from a variety of presenters.
- Any of Alina Frank’s Tapping A-Z youtube videos (full sessions)
- Videos of well-known EFTers (Gwyneth Moss, Carol Look, Ann Adams, Craig Weiner etc.)
8. WRITTEN CASE STUDIES/ RECORDED SESSION REVIEW:
EFTi Requires 4 Case Studies according to the EFTi guidelines plus possible additional demonstration of competencies per individual assessment by mentor. A recorded session can substitute for one of the case studies.
Your requirement: three written case studies and one a recorded EFT session of you working with a client. Whenever you submit some or all of these, Betty will review them carefully and provide feedback. We also plan a time to discuss them. If any core skills seem to be missing or need more practice, Betty may require further work before Certification is approved. Here are four things to note:
1) One of the studies is a personal report of how you’ve successfully used EFT for your own issue.
2) The other two are detailed reports. Each should show your work with a client preferably over the course of several sessions. We will provide a checklist of what to include and examples.
3) I am asking for a recorded session for your fourth case study. If you have questions about how to record and how to get the recording to me, let’s talk — it’s quite simple but may be different for each person depending on the technology you use. After you send me the recorded session, I go through it and take notes; then we plan for about an hour by phone to discuss the session.
4) Please notice the amount of detail in the example case studies (which will be provided). I would suggest that 9-12 double-spaced pages is a good guideline for each written case study. If your studies are not detailed and extensive enough, they will need to be re-done.
Please note: The EFTi Case Studies Guidelines document has been recently revised. Please email me if you’d like to receive a copy of the Guidelines document, plus my own abbreviated Guidelines which also help you understand what is required for your Case Studies.
9. ARRANGING FOR LIABILITY INSURANCE COVERAGE
Insurance coverage is a requirement for EFT International Practitioners. There are several low-cost options. I provide you this information in the Certification program.
When you and your mentor/trainer agree that you have completed all the requirements, your mentor contacts EFT International to submit your name as an Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner, Level 2. You will then receive an email inviting you to upgrade your membership to Practitioner status, and you receive a Certificate. CONGRATULATIONS!