Every child has “a primary need for respect, understanding and being taken seriously” (Alice Miller).
Whether there was overt abuse or neglect in our childhood or more subtle pressures and expectations, our psyches may bear childhood wounds. Our body and our emotions still hold everything we have ever experienced. Things that happened to us in childhood remain unhealed in most of us, and they contribute to the conflicts and problems we experience as adults.
These are a safe place to do deep inner child healing work, bringing sensitivity and respect, love and care, to the vulnerable places within. EFT, sometimes combined with hypnotic regression, gives us access to the feelings and core beliefs buried in the past. These gentle processes can bring profound healing in a relatively short time to the wounded parts of us. Sessions are available in my office in Burlington, Vermont, or by phone or Skype wherever you live.
If you’re already familiar with EFT and curious about how we “tap for the inner child,” you can take a look at a script I put together for a workshop.
Download the PDF: Inner Child Tapping
HEALING THE INNER CHILD WORKSHOPS
“Healing the Inner Child” Workshops create a safe and supportive group experience. Participants find what needs healing from the past, clear the negative emotion with EFT and bring in whatever care is needed. Then we are usually able to experience the playful and creative ‘wonder child’ who emerges as healing is accomplished.
Though no workshops are currently scheduled, let me know if you or your group are interested. The 5-week classes are done by phone. The day-long workshops are in-person. Both are available upon request. A sample workshop description is below:
A Workshop for Inner Child Healing
Day-long Workshops — Can be scheduled 10 – 4 or 12:30 – 5:30
The Structure of the day:
- Presentation and discussion of “the primary need of every child for respect, understanding and being taken seriously”. Whether there was actual abuse in our childhood or not, most of us did not have this primary need met and we probably still carry the wounds
- Brief introduction to EFT — as we get in touch with any woundedness today, we’ll be constantly clearing and healing it with the Emotional Freedom Technique, a powerfully effective body-centered modality.
- Group hypnotherapy experience to “meet” the inner child (or children)
- Sharing and some group EFT
- Group hypnotherapy experience to find symbols for 1) our wounding and 2) how we can heal (*we take our inner child on this journey of discovery and healing)
- Time to write and/or draw our experience — art supplies provided
- More sharing and group EFT
- Group hypnotherapy to get in touch with the Wonder Child, the Artist Child, the Happy Child
- We end by each making our own collage with music playing, cutting, pasting, making a mess! It is fun! (Please bring magazines with images your ‘child’ would like, such as nature, animals, or whatever is joy-filled for you. I’ll also have magazines and we will share them.)