Level 1-2 EFT Training
Sadly, the format of in-person trainings has been discontinued due to Covid-19.
Happily, EFT International has switched to allowing an online format and my EFT Level 1-2 Training is in the works to be offered ONLINE for early 2021.
The online format allows for practice pairs in breakout rooms and thus maintains the high standards for the comprehensive hands-on EFT trainings that EFT International is known for.
The information below, including the fees, will be updated as the new on-line course takes shape.
Our EFT Level 1-2 includes:
- Minimum of 21 hours live on-line training – format will be in 3-4 hour segments over several weeks – plans in the works!
- Pre- and post-course additions (on-line modules and by teleconference) providing 24+ hours total
- A comprehensive 70+ page manual of training materials
- Follow-up group EFT support by phone conference call
- Instruction in the full EFT International Curriculum for EFT Level 1-2 plus extra Creative EFT tips and handouts
- Opportunity to continue the EFT International Certification process in order to become a Certified EFT Practitioner (this is a process that can take anywhere from 6-12 months – see certification details)
This is a small-group training, limited to 6 to 8 participants plus an EFT Emotional Assistant. Our foundational EFT training workshop is appropriate for both those who want to further their EFT skills for personal use and those who would like to use it professionally.
A comment from the in-person intensive:
An amazing three days. Each experience offered an opportunity for deep and profound healing. Betty’s gentle manner made this a safe place to stretch, grow and change ourselves, and support each other in doing the same!
Lynda Schoenbeck, LICSW
Full Fee: $597 (current estimate for the on-line EFT Level 1-2 – subject to change)
Registration form will be available as the plans are finalized.
If you are Canadian, I’m happy to offer you a special rate to help off-set the difference with the Canadian dollar. Email me for details.
MORE ABOUT THE LEVEL 1-2 EFT TRAINING WORKSHOP
This exciting interactive EFT training intensive combines Level 1 and 2 to provide you with a solid training in the foundational skills of EFT tapping. You receive an 70+ page manual of our slides and teaching materials, EFT handouts and resources. What you learn will be immediately applicable in your personal life and, if you are a health professional, in your work with clients.
You’ll practice the basic process and learn key concepts and strategies. You will learn creative approaches to healing fears and painful memories, diminishing cravings, relieving stress and anxious feelings, helping with physical issues, and much more. The Level 1-2 EFT Training is the pre-requisite to EFT Certification, which is highly recommended as the best way to fully develop your EFT Art of Delivery skills, especially if you are going to use EFT professionally. You will leave our three-day training with all the essential tools in your toolbox. Then, if you choose to certify as an EFT Practitioner, the Certification process is a wonderful way to get the practice and mentoring needed for mastery.
Please do email me if you have any questions or other needs.
More on what you will learn:
Keep scrolling down this page to see the details of our Level 1-2 curriculum.
Getting Certified in EFT
Completing EFT Levels 1 and 2 is the first step towards meeting the requirements for EFTi Certification in EFT. The EFTi (EFT International) is the premier international certification for EFT, and EFTi trainings have respect and credibility worldwide. Keep scrolling down to see our Level 1-2 curriculum, which is in full compliance with the EFTi standards for Level 1-2 Trainings.
EFT International Curriculum for the Levels 1 and 2 EFT Trainings
Please note: Although the topics are divided in the lists below into Level 1 and Level 2 skills, there are places where the material overlaps in the combined training. Our intensive 3 days work very well to weave all these skills together and help you integrate it all. Then you’ll need to practice, practice, practice. 🙂
Level 1: Foundational Skills I
In EFT level 1, students master key concepts and get hands-on experience to prepare them to use basic EFT skills for themselves, family and friends. Covered in Level 1:
- What EFT tapping is and the history behind it
- An overview of the science behind EFT
- Building Bridges from existing beliefs to EFT
- How to do EFT: the current EFT Basic Recipe; the original version of EFT and why it is good to know both
- The SUDS scale and other ways to Measure and Test
- The history, principals and implications of Psychological Reversal
- How to formulate Setup statements
- Aspects of our issues and the concept of shifting aspects
- The importance of Being Specific; “global” vs. “specific”
- Skillful questioning
- How to handle excessive emotional intensity
- The Movie Technique/Tell-The-Story Technique for clearing the emotion of specific events
- Understanding the Generalization Effect
- Cognitive belief shifts
- Using EFT to help with aches and pains
- Using EFT on addictive cravings
- The concept of Borrowing Benefits
- Troubleshooting: what to do when EFT seems not to work
Level 2: Foundational Skills II
Level 2 offers further development of EFT skills for serious students. Students learn and practice core competencies that lead them to become confident with EFT. At the end of Levels 1 & 2, students receive a Certificate of Completion and they are considered competent to offer EFT to others at a basic level. There is, of course, much more to do to complete requirements for full EFTi Certification: practice sessions, case studies, mentoring and more, a process which typically takes 6 months – 1 year. The certification process is available to Level 2 graduates and many continue into certification, but of course there is no requirement to continue.
Covered in Level 2:
- Listening and gaining rapport
- Introduction to trauma; EFT, trauma, and the brain
- Further development of the Movie Technique/Tell-the-Story Technique
- The Gentle Techniques of Sneaking Up, Guessing, the Tearless Trauma Technique, and Chasing the Pain
- The great value of the Movie/Tell-the-Story Technique + the Gentle Techniques for approaching and healing trauma
- Abreactions: how to avoid them and what to do if they arise
- More approaches for Physical Issues; Emotional Roots of Physical Symptoms
- “Table with Many Legs” metaphor for complex issues
- About Core Issues
- Finding Core Issues with skillful questions
- Using intuition
- “Through you not by you”
- Recognizing your limits – “Don’t go where you don’t belong”
- Extra tapping points and variations
- Awareness of cognitive, perceptual, energetic, and somatic shifts
- Reframing and introduction to how to use Reframes with EFT
- Reframing with client’s own cognitive shift
- Writing on the Walls concept
- The Palace of Possibilities – finding and addressing limiting beliefs
- Affirmations and “tail-enders”
- “How true is it for you?” (the VOC measurement, validity of cognition)
- Introduction to Choices and creative language
- More on creative Testing of results
- Personal Peace Procedure
- Introduction to delivering EFT by telephone/ skype
- Introduction to EFT for groups and Borrowing Benefits
- Introduction to EFT for children
- Importance of doing our own personal work – personal triggers
- Safety, boundaries, and confidentiality
- The EFT International Ethics Code
- Requirements and benefits of Certification
The Certification Process
As stated earlier, the EFT International Certification process involves a great deal more than the foundational training of the EFT Level 1-2. But going through an EFT Level 1-2 Training is the essential first step. For those who are interested in continuing towards getting certified in EFT, you team up with a mentor to work towards certification.
Betty has developed a comprehensive program offering full support for enhanced training and EFT International Certification. To see what she offers, take a look at the Emotional Freedom Mastery Program.